Wednesday, January 09, 2013

My chiminea

My chiminea by seanclaes
My chiminea, a photo by seanclaes on Flickr.

Happy new year. I swear I'll try and post more in 2013. I've been busy with work, kids, church, and life.... but that's not an excuse.

I have been continuing to take a bunch of photos in Kyle.... I've just not posted them very often.

So... let's start this year.

This is my chiminea... I bought it a year ago because I always wanted one, but the problem with Kyle is... well... it doesn't get cold too often. When it does, I bought some fire logs... and they last like 5 hours.

So.. in order to enjoy this, it has to be cold and I have to want to hang outside for 5 hours. Not something that happens very often with a 5 and 8 year old.

I really didn't think this one through... but it's really enjoyable when it's on... and we've rosted marshmellows a few times too.

Chiminea is Spanish for "fireplace or chimney" and they are used outdoors.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...